Spelling and Grammar
Last week's answers
Task 1: Read a poem
- Read A Good Play. Read the poem twice – once in your head and once out loud.
- What do you like about the poem? What patterns can you find in it?
Task 2: Remind yourself about the past tense
- Use the Revision Card to remind yourself.
- Complete Present and Past.
- Choose 3-5 of these verbs and write them into longer sentences in the past tense.
Task 3: Write and draw from your imagination
- Imagine the best time playing indoors that you can think of. Who would be with you? What would you play?
- Write about the time in sentences in the past tense, so that it sounds like it really happened!
- Draw a detailed picture to match your writing.
Challenge: Try this Fun-Time Extra
- Can you find a way to make an imaginary ship at home? Talk to a grown-up about what you want to do first.
This week we are going to be focusing on the Year 4 spellings as the year comes to an end. Remember these are words which you need to read and spell independently.
So, have a go at the activity booklet and see how well you can do!