- Tig! One person is it and tries to catch the others. When they get caught, they become it and try to catch the others.
- Sock tig – give yourself a tail with a sock and the person who is it has to try to pinch your tail.
- Make a loo roll bird feeder This is messy fun kids will love to get stuck into. And it will help them learn about the birds in your neighbourhood. You can make this simple feeder with items you probably already have at home: 1) Smother a cardboard tube in peanut butter (no added salt and sugar versions are suitable for birds). 2) Roll it in bird seed and thread some string through the hole. 3) Tie it up in your garden where birds will feel safe eating.
- Have a picnic. If the weather turns, lay a picnic rug or sheet inside and still have a picnic.
- Parachute games! You’ll need 4 people for this at least. One for the bigger families. See below -
- Balancing act. You can use a big sheet, duvet cover or table cloth to make your parachute. Put 4 balled up pairs of socks on your parachute. Everyone holds a side. Can you make all the balls fly off? Can you keep them on? Can you ping them off the opposite side? Use more sock, use less socks and create your own rules. This should get everyone laughing!
- Knock ‘em. Players hold the parachute tight at chest height. Place at least 2 balls of socks on the top. 2 players go under and try to get them off. The 2 players holding the parachute try to keep them on.
- Play Captain’s Orders. One person is the captain and the others are the crew. When the orders are shouted out, the crew follow them.
Captain’s coming – all players have to stand up and salute to the captain.
Bow – players have to run to the front of the boat
Scrub the deck – players have to squat on the ground and scrub the deck.
Port – players have to run to the left side of the boat.
Clear the deck – players have to feet up off the floor and balance on another body part.
Man overboard – players have to quickly come to a plank position.
Find North – players have to group together. Then they have to point in one direction